Sunday, February 4, 2018

Birding With The Emphasis On Comfort


 I've been continuing my strategy of putting minimal effort into my birding during the winter months. The Wadsworth mansion grounds provide a nice landscaped area to walk around that includes a large number of mature pines and cedars bordered by a deciduous forest.
It by no means qualifies as a hot spot but it is a comfortable and pleasant area to walk around.I have neglected to list many woodpeckers this year so I was pleased to find all of Connecticut's woodpeckers on these grounds with the exception of the Red-headed Woodpecker (rare).I don't have any photos to back them up though.
Finding this Wood Duck along with 11 others at our local brownstone quarry was a nice mid-winter surprise. I had to take the photo with the sun in my face so it didn't come out so hot. All in all my local lazy weekend birding wasn't too bad. Our state woodcuck calls for an early spring so we have that to look forward to as well.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you have call for an early spring. We had many Robins in our yard yesterday, but I find it hard to believe we will have an early spring!