Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Avoid Wind Most Of The Time...But

 I'm still waiting for that warm spring morning for that ultimate birding experience. I've been contending with the wind the last couple of weekends. I'm not a big fan of wind while birding so I've tried to stay in protected areas like ravines or dense forest.
 Fortunately, there are plenty of birds like this Song Sparrow that like to stay out of the wind too.
 Cedar Waxwings sometimes get so intoxicated on berries that the wind blows them into the woods. 
A male bluebird deep in the woods can brighten up even the cloudiest day!

As a rule I don't like wind but there are some exceptions:

  • I like wind if I'm going to fly a kite. I haven't flown a kite since I was about 12 but if I were going to fly one then I would probably welcome a little wind.
  • I like watching the wind blow leaves around on a mild fall day.
  • Naturally, I like a breeze on a very hot summer day.
  • I enjoy the look and feel of the wind that kicks up during a thunderstorm.
  • I know that strong winds can sometimes drive new birds towards the ocean shoreline.
I think that just about covers it but if you an think of more examples feel free to share,

No comments: